2 Search for new keywords using a phrase, website, or category
Market Finder will first give you the most important localised keywords to get yourself found in new markets. You can then expand on these over time. For example, you might use Keyword Planner to find more specific keywords — called long-tail keywords, that don't have a high search volume, but are often more likely to lead to a conversion.
Long-tail keywords are more specific 3-5 word phrases that searchers use when they’re homing in on a purchase. For example, say someone starts searching for the term ‘dining chair’. After visiting various websites, looking at styles and comparison shopping; as they narrow down their choices, they might begin searching for ‘Eames style contemporary dining chair’.
How to do it
Use your AdWords account to sign in to Keyword Planner.
- Click Search for new keyword and ad group ideas
- Enter one or more of the following in the boxes that appear:
- Words or phrases that describe what you're advertising
- The URL of a page on your website or your entire website
- A category relevant to your product or service
- Click Get Ideas
- Review your keywords from the ad group ideas tab (which you'll see by default) or the keyword ideas tab
To add more keywords to an ad group, click on the ad group and then click the double arrows » next to the keyword you want to add.
To remove a keyword in an ad group, click the ad group and then the X next to the keyword you want to remove. To remove an entire ad group, click the X next to that ad group.
Change bid range
Adjust the range of max CPC bids to get click and cost estimates for the keywords in your plan.